||Regional Transportation Plan
- The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
should vote AGAINST the proposed Jefferson Parkway
- The Jefferson Parkway Public Highway Authority's plan
would require taxpayers to SPEND $800 million to $1
billion in additional transportation improvements.
- The toll road backers are NOT being truthful in their
proposal to DRCOG. Toll road backers are using two (2)
different proposals to tell two different stories. The
proposal to DRCOG shows much LESS impact on traffic,
and NO COST to taxpayers. DRCOG is not being given full
and complete information.
- This proposed toll road would worsen regional
transportation funding and congestion.
- The Jefferson Parkway Public Highway Authority's own
data shows that the project would dramatically increase
traffic on S.H. 93 and other surrounding roads.
- The resulting increased traffic on S.H. 93 would
exacerbate already serious safety problems for drivers
and bicyclists. S.H. 93's fatality rate is double the state
- The City of Golden, the City of Boulder and Boulder
County have prepared a better plan that would fix the
congestion and safety issues on S.H. 93 and support
transit and regional economic development.
(if one submitted)