||Regional Transportation Plan
||• The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
should vote against including the proposed initial phase
of the Jefferson Parkway (Highway 93 north of 64th
Avenue to Highway 128) in the Regional Transportation
• This proposed Jefferson Parkway section would
worsen regional transportation funding and congestion.
• The Jefferson Parkway Public Highway Authority's own
data shows that the project would dramatically increase
traffic on Highway 93 and other surrounding roads.
• The resulting increased traffic on Highway 93 would
exacerbate already serious safety problems for drivers
and bicyclists. Highway 93's fatality rate is double the
• The Jefferson Parkway Public Highway Authority's plan
would require taxpayers to cover $800 million to $1
billion in additional transportation improvements.
• The City of Golden, the City of Boulder and Boulder
County have prepared a better plan that would fix the
congestion and safety issues on Highway 93 and support
transit and regional economic development.
(if one submitted)